Monday, April 22, 2013

11:11! I Saw It!


Happy Monday!  Well here's hoping, anyway.  I'm excited about this post even though it may take me a while to put together.  I was in the middle of my devotions today when I flipped to the wrong page and landed on 11:11.  Made me laugh.  Not even sure what book it was but for those of you that know me well 11:11 is my favorite time of day.  I'm sure it is for a lot of other people and I always feel the need to yell out "11:11!  I saw it first!"  So there won't be much writng today because my thought was, why don't I find all the 11:11 chapters and verses in the bible and see if I can at least memorize some of them?  Whenever I see the time on the clock it would be a moment to stop and think about God and life in general depending on what verse I've learned?  Oh and read more than just the one verse.  Keep it in context!  Seeing as how this is completely random we could be talking about donkeys for all I know!  Well here's the compilation starting with Genesis.  Oh, and these are all in NIV. 

Genesis 11:11 "And after he became the father of Arphaxad, Shem lived 500 years and had other sons and daughters."   So far so good.

Exodus 11:11 does not exist

Leviticus 11:11 "And since you are to detest them, you must not eat their meat and you must detest their carcasses."  Yum.

Numbers 11:11 "He asked the Lord, 'Why have you brought this trouble on your servant?  What have I done to displease you that you put the burden of all these people on me?"  I immediately thought of how I feel sometimes when confronted with a mountain of dishes or laundry.  Ungrateful, I know.

Deuteronomy 11:11 "But the land you are crossing the Jordan to take possession of is a land of mountains and valleys that drinks rain from heaven." 

Joshusa 11:11 " Everyone in it they put to the sword.  They totally destroyed them, not sparing anything that breathed, and he burned up Hazor itself."

Judges 11:11 "So Jephthah went with the elders of Gilead, and the people made him head and commander over them.  And he repeated all his words before the Lord in Mizpah."

Ruth  11:11 does not exist

I Samuel 11:11 "The next day Saul separated his men into three divisions; during the last watch of the night they broke into the camp of the Ammonites and slaughtered them until the heat of the day.  Those who survived were scattered, so that no two of them were left together."

II Samuel 11:11 "Uriah said to David, 'The ark and Israel and Judah are staying in tents, and my master Joab and my lord's men are camped in the open fields.  How could I go to my house to eat and drink and lie with my wife?  As surely as you live, I will not do such a thing!" 

I Kings 11:11 "So the Lord said to Solomon, 'Since this is your attitude and you have not kept my covenant and my decrees, which I commanded you, I will most certainly tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your subordinate.'"

II Kings 11:11 "The guards, each with his weapon in his hand, stationed themselves around the king--near the altar and the temple, from the south side to the north side of the temple." 

So I figured I'd stop at ten verses cuz I could study the mess out of some of these.  Not sure how many installments this will take but feel free to give any feedback on any of the verses that caught your eye/heart.  A lot of these I know what the surrounding verses are about but some of them are new ones or maybe ones that I've skimmed over.  Funny, I had planned on posting something about coffee.  Maybe next time.  Here's to surviving Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment