Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Mawage, Awh Mawage! (sic)

Well, I've spent most of this blessed naptime cleaning so we'll see just how much writing I get to do.  This past week was a whirlwind and this week isn't looking like much is going to settle.  Having an anniversary and birthday back to back is ridiculously exhausting but so much fun.  It's basically a weeklong celebration.  With our first child turning five, it was a pretty important birthday so it was easy for our anniversary to get pushed to the back burner.  Which made me think: how come anniversaries aren't more important?  Maybe I'm just not tech savvy enough but where's the notification on Facebook for someone's upcoming anniversary?  I mean, I get it, a marriage is between two people and it's a special, intimate time and no one has to throw rice for you every year but with all the marriages failing, maybe it's time we cared more about other peoples' marriages.

We all know how hard everyone says marriage is.  Heck, relationships in general can drive you crazy.  There are arguments in a marriage that you can't share, awkward funny moments that no one else will get, and, of course, the making up after the arguments!  But what we can share is encouragement!  The truth is, most of us got married in front of a group of people, maybe not a whole roomful, but there were people there celebrating the beginning of something wonderful.  Shouldn't we still be celebrating with them years later?  Does anyone have anniversary parties?  I know there are vow renewals and I guess that's the same thing. 

Just thinking, I suppose.  Maybe next year we'll have an anniversary party.  If I haven't nagged him to death by then ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment